Principal Jensen's Updates
It has been another GREAT month for the Chargers. Our Performing Arts Dept. put on a remarkable production of ALL SHOOK UP. Thank you to the teachers and amazing students on your hard work and dedication to provide an entertaining musical for the Corner Canyon Community.
Our Football Team brought home their first ever State Championship by defeating Skyridge in the finals at Rice-Eccles on November 16th. Congratulations coaches and athletes on the championship and an undefeated season. They returned home that night with a police escort from the Draper City PD followed by a victory light celebration. Shout out to the officers for taking the time to recognize the team and their championship.
Corner Canyon recently played host to the Region 7 Sportsmanship Summit. Students from CCHS, Timpview, Alta, Jordan, Brighton, and Cottonwood came together to create a sportsmanship campaign for region 7 activities and events. The afternoon provided students the opportunity to introduce themselves to students from other schools and plan activities, cheers, etc. to improve sportsmanship throughout the region.
The following students have been named to the 5A Academic All State Teams:
Elizabeth Simmons – Tennis
Megan Astle – Soccer
Brandon Johnson – Cross Country
Michael McCarter – Cross Country
Peter Oldham – Cross Country
Karli Branch – Cross Country
Mikayla Kimball – Volleyball
Baylor Jeppsen – Football
Caden Johnson – Football
The construction projects going on here at the school are moving right along on schedule. Footings and floors have been poured. Walls will be up in no time. Thank you teachers and students for your patience and willingness to be flexible when circumstances arise.
Teacher of the Month is KELLY CORLESS
- Kelly is such a hard-worker; not only is she teach all freshman, but she’s doing a Master’s degree in her “spare” time – Superwoman, I tell you. She patiently works with the 9th graders, stays late to let them work in her classroom, and manages to be fun at the same time.
- Outside of academics, she’s the mentor for the Super Smash Brothers club and let’s them stay until 4:00 – long after most are here. They leave her room a little smellier than before, but know they have a safe place here at the school.
- Kelly is a Rockstar!!
- Ms. Corless is one of the nicest teachers I have ever had. She cares so much about what she teaches. I have never loved English, however, this year has been so much better because Ms. Corless takes the time to talk to me and make sure I understand the material.
- I had Ms. Corless last year and I can say, without a doubt, she is the best teacher I have ever had. She is always smiling and she makes learning fun. She is more than deserving for teacher of the month award. In fact she should win teacher of the year!
ESP of the Month is CHELSEA DARRAH
- Chelsea Darrah is easily the best IT tech Corner Canyon has ever had. She is consistent, dedicated, motivated and absolutely easy to work with. There has never been a time where she didn’t respond to my email or come help me when I reached out to her. She is so deserving of this award.
- Chelsea is part of the lifeline of the school. Without her, all of our jobs would not run as smoothly. There have been so many times that she put down something she was doing to run and help me without even complaining. She is always happy to help.
- She is the best. Plain and simple. I wouldn’t want anyone else in that position. I don’t know a single teacher who doesn’t think she is doing an amazing job for us, and our students. I am so happy we get her here at CCHS.
- Chelsea is fantastic to work with. You never have to worry if she is going to follow through with her job. She makes a commitment to be the best at her job and it has shown through her dedication to our school. Whether she is running to help a teacher, help stop student cyber attacks or grab an extra charger cord for someone…she is there. Chelsea could go many directions with her career with the knowledge and experience she has. She chose to work in schools because she cares about students and their futures.
- If you ever have questions about Disney World…ask Chelsea, she knows more then any human being I have ever met!!!
Congratulations to the 10 student athletes that signed their letter of intent to play sports after high school. With football players and a few other individuals yet to decide which school to attend, this will be the largest signing class in school history. Congratulations to the 2018-19 signing class.
Hayden Welling, Basketball, UC Irvine
Gabe Toombs, Basketball, Purdue Northwest
Josee Haycock, Softball, Salt Lake CC
Lexi Parker, Softball, Western Nebraska
Madi Brunatti, Volleyball, Utah State
Megan Astle, Soccer, Utah State
Karli Branch, Cross Country, Utah
Kemery Martin, Basketball, Utah
Jaeden Vaifanua, Basketball, Wyoming