Principal Jensen's Updates
Construction of the addition, 12 classrooms on each wing and an expanded cafeteria, has begun. This will cause a few changes to the rear entrances of the school. Both North and South Hall rear entrances will be closed. Students will need to use the Southeast PE hall entrance as well as the Tech hall entrance in order to enter/exit the building. Also, the east door to the cafeteria will be closed.
During the school day, classes in the portables will be let out a few minutes early in order for students to get to their next class on time. In the event of an emergency, all exits will be accessible for students to exit the building.
On October 11th we will begin our Chargers Care initiative. Our goal is to help our students take more responsibility for and pride in our wonderful school campus and the community in which we operate. The vision of the initiative is that every student and adult on campus will participate for at least ½ hour in a project that will improve our school and community.
1. Organizing committee members: Royce Shelley, Rebecca Hill, Sandi House, Milo Maughan, Neiko Gilgen, Darrell Jensen, Russ Boyer, Sara Cook, Jamie Crowther, Jodi Ide, Lindsey Nielsen, Cory Smith, Jana White, Joyce Spencer, and Maria Cude
2. 2018 Chargers Care Dates:
October 11, November 5, February 7, April 10. All of these are ‘B’ days so that each Charger Care day is a continuation of the last. It is hoped that classes will adopt their project, and continue in caring throughout the entire year.
3. Bell Schedule:
5th: 7:55 – 9:07
1st Lunch: 10:30—11:05
2nd Lunch: 11:48—12:23
8th: Chargers Care 12:29—12:59
Celebration: 2:10-2:25 (I can’t imagine it will actually end then)
4. Everyone Participates
- If you have an 8th period class—Select your project. (Something you believe will improve CCHS.)
-If you have 8th period prep—Select another teacher who does have an 8th Period class to work with
- Feel free to work together to select the project.
- Administration, Secretaries, Counselors, Custodial, etc, etc, etc. Select a teacher to work with.
(If you don’t have a class, but have a project idea—find someone to work with)
- Google Doc for everyone to sign-up (You will receive the link to this document from Jodi soon.) First Come-First Serve: Get your project soon.
- Before filling in the document, please look at other projects on the document and make sure you don’t overlap with someone who has already signed up.
Thanks for the support and see you all on October 11th.
I would like to publicly thank the Canyons District Board of Education. Last night at board meeting, they approved the construction of 24 classrooms to be built onto the academic wings, an expansion and upgrade of the cafeteria, and a new storage area for equipment and supplies. The storage area will be built just south of the current stadium concession booth. The construction of the classrooms will be completed before the start of the 2019-2020 school year. Hogan Construction has been awarded the project and construction is scheduled to begin before the end of the month.