Principal Jensen's Updates
On October 11th we will begin our Chargers Care initiative. Our goal is to help our students take more responsibility for and pride in our wonderful school campus and the community in which we operate. The vision of the initiative is that every student and adult on campus will participate for at least ½ hour in a project that will improve our school and community.
1. Organizing committee members: Royce Shelley, Rebecca Hill, Sandi House, Milo Maughan, Neiko Gilgen, Darrell Jensen, Russ Boyer, Sara Cook, Jamie Crowther, Jodi Ide, Lindsey Nielsen, Cory Smith, Jana White, Joyce Spencer, and Maria Cude
2. 2018 Chargers Care Dates:
October 11, November 5, February 7, April 10. All of these are ‘B’ days so that each Charger Care day is a continuation of the last. It is hoped that classes will adopt their project, and continue in caring throughout the entire year.
3. Bell Schedule:
5th: 7:55 – 9:07
1st Lunch: 10:30—11:05
2nd Lunch: 11:48—12:23
8th: Chargers Care 12:29—12:59
Celebration: 2:10-2:25 (I can’t imagine it will actually end then)
4. Everyone Participates
- If you have an 8th period class—Select your project. (Something you believe will improve CCHS.)
-If you have 8th period prep—Select another teacher who does have an 8th Period class to work with
- Feel free to work together to select the project.
- Administration, Secretaries, Counselors, Custodial, etc, etc, etc. Select a teacher to work with.
(If you don’t have a class, but have a project idea—find someone to work with)
- Google Doc for everyone to sign-up (You will receive the link to this document from Jodi soon.) First Come-First Serve: Get your project soon.
- Before filling in the document, please look at other projects on the document and make sure you don’t overlap with someone who has already signed up.
Thanks for the support and see you all on October 11th.